Same-Sex and LGBTQ Marriages

Same-Sex and LGBTQ Marriages

Same sex marriage has been legal in the U.S. since 2013. As such, any Canadian citizen who is in a same sex relationship with a U.S. citizen can apply for either a marriage-based green card or a K-1 fiancé visa.

Adjustment of status for same-sex and LGBTQ married couples

Canadians in same-sex and LGBTQ marriages to a U.S. citizen may choose to do adjustment of status if they are currently in the United States on a work, student, or investor visa.

Consular processing for same-sex and LGBTQ married couples

As an alternative, they can elect to do consular processing through the U.S. consulate if the Canadian spouse is living outside of the U.S.

K-1 visas for same-sex and LGBTQ married couples

Those who are not yet married may be sponsored for a K-1 fiancé visa by their U.S. citizen partner.

Same-Sex Marriage and LGBTQ Green Card Immigration Lawyer

Please email us or contact Maximilian Law Inc. if you are a Canadian looking for an experienced lawyer to assist you with your same-sex marriage or LGBTQ green card application.